DTRIC Insurance is looking to fill the position of Chief Information Officer
Primary Responsibilities: Provides leadership and direction for the information systems including strategic direction, systems development, systems management and processing, systems security and systems governance. Provides leadership and direction for facilities management and disaster recovery and business continuity plans. Actively participates in the development and establishment of the Company’s strategic direction and objectives for profitable growth.
1. INFORMATION SYSTEMS
a. Develops and implements an IT strategy to ensure systems and processes are current, utilizes the industry’s best practices, prepares the Company for future technology developments and aligns with the Company’s strategic objectives.
• Keeps high awareness of new developments affecting insurance, finance and accounting as applicable to the company. Continually explores new technologies for future planning and potential implementation.
b. Directs information management budgeting, strategic and tactical planning, system development and implementation, business process re-engineering, and database system strategy.
• Functions as the system architect for all centralized automated systems. Designs the integration between functions and services. Defines the functionality and authorization of all data fields. Defines the relationship of data from point of entry through processing and on to final output. Responsible for understanding and implementing business process flows as they affect the entire company.
• Leads, recommends and coordinates the system design, development, maintenance and training requirements with other user departments. Identifies user needs and directs the building of IT teams to work across all levels of the organization.
c. Directs and coordinates all systems management and processing, including all core systems to support the business and telecommunications systems (PBX, VPN, internet and wireless), to provide management information and automation requirements for both internal departments and external customers.
• Directs and coordinates the preparation of the cost and feasibility analysis and recommendations for new equipment and software.
• Leads the negotiations for all information technology contracts and lease agreements to ensure all systems licenses, leases and contracts are current.
• Monitors and evaluates data processing operations to ensure compliance with report schedules and user requirements while maintaining cost effectiveness of the transaction and data processing systems.
• Actively participates in the analysis and evaluation of new major company services and products which impact information processing capabilities and overall organization.
d. Directs and coordinates the system security over physical, information and virtual assets to ensure sufficient protection of all Company assets and information
e. Directs and coordinates governance processes over IT systems in conjunction with the IT governance framework of the parent company.
f. Actively participates in the operational and strategic planning process of the Company and develops IT operational and strategic plans to align with the Company’s plans.
g. Develops and maintains key external relationships (state insurance department, industry, etc.) and represents the company at/in industry affairs to ensure prominence in the industry, with clientele and the community. Serves as primary corporate spokesperson for information management.
2. FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
a. Directs and coordinates the facilities management of the Company.
• Manages and coordinates required repairs and maintenance of office facilities including security, repairs, construction, furniture installation, janitorial requirements, and management of office keys.
• Manages the facility leases and occupancy. Coordinates with real estate broker to determine adequate space requirements to conduct business, monitoring lease rents, negotiating facility leases, including space, TI, rent and CAM.
b. Manages the handling and distribution of all incoming and outgoing mail.
c. Manages supply inventory, supply requisitions and negotiates purchases with vendors and distributors for supplies.
3. DISASTER RECOVERY AND BUSINESS CONTINUITY
a. Directs and coordinate the Company’s disaster recovery and business continuity plans and process.
• Implements and updates disaster recovery and business continuity plans for all significant disaster or business continuity risks to the company.
• Coordinates testing of DR/BC plans.
4. Other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
1. Expert knowledge of all phases of information technology operations.2.
2. Knowledge of mail and courier services, telephone communication, purchasing and facilities services.
3. Excellent organizational, supervisory, and administrative abilities.
4. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
5. Ability to maintain confidential business and employee information.
6. Knowledge of Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project Management software
7. Knowledge of strategic and operational planning and budgeting.
8. Ability to work collaboratively with staff, management, board of directors, affiliated company personnel, customers, agents, industry and regulatory officials
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Valid State of Hawaii driver’s license and clean driving abstract.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and at least ten years of experience in all phases of information technology operations
2. Minimum ten years of managerial experience with at least five years managing multiple IT areas.
As a DTRIC team member, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary, paid vacation and holidays, medical and dental coverage, a 401(k) plan with employer contribution, performance bonus, preferred insurance rates and more.