DTRIC Insurance is looking for an individual to join our Commercial Lines team as an Underwriter.
Primary Responsibilities: The Commercial Lines Underwriter is directly responsible for an assigned book of renewals, agency management and new business. The position’s focus is to build strong relationships with key commercial lines agents to identify and write new commercial lines accounts, as well as to retain profitable renewal business.
- Solicits, underwrites and produces commercial new business.
- Partners with assigned agents to implement strategies for growth – new and renewal retention.
- Manages a portfolio of renewal business – focusing on retention.
- Participates on a team consisting of underwriting, claims, risk evaluation and accounting to service assigned agents.
- Manages and develops assigned agents – which includes sales calls.
- Provides quality customer service to assigned agency partners.
- Documents and processes account files per company guidelines including reporting measures as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to develop strategic, productive agency relationships.
- Minimum of two years commercial underwriting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Professional designations such as CPCU, CIC, etc. are a plus.
- Valid driver’s license required.
*This is a range posting; the company grade for this position will depend on the candidates overall relevant experience and skill level.
As a DTRIC team member, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary, paid vacation and holidays, medical and dental coverage, a 401(k) plan with employer contribution, preferred insurance rates and more.