DTRIC is looking to fill the position of Commercial Underwriting Assistant
Primary Responsibilities: Provide underwriting support to commercial lines underwriters including renewal policy processing, account maintenance and policy transactions. Researches policy data to ensure regulatory compliance.
1. Process requests to quote and issue policies for commercial lines of business.
1.1. Rate and prepare quotations for new and renewing commercial lines policies based on applications submitted by agents and/or underwriter requests.
1.2. Issue commercial policies as instructed by the underwriter.
1.3. Renew accounts with premiums less than $10,000 in accordance with underwriting guidelines and underwriting authority limit.
1.4. Refer renewal accounts outside authority to Senior Commercial Underwriting Assistant.
1.5. Review and attach policy forms corresponding to the coverage bound and underwriter instructions.
1.6. Ensures all requested/subject to documentation and information is received from agent to complete underwriting file and follows up if it is not.
2. Maintain policy filing system.
2.1. Scans and indexes mail according to line of business, policy number and document type.
2.2. Sets up new and renewal files and updates file changes.
2.3. Assigns tasks to workflows, underwriters and/or diaries.
3. Processes policy changes in accordance with department standards and underwriting guidelines.
3.1. Analyzes policy change requests and executes policy changes in the appropriate policy information system.
3.2. Distributes policy documents and notifications to internal and external parties as required and in accordance with department standards and underwriting guidelines.
4. Processes policy premium audits as required.
4.1. Prepares and submits audit requests to third-party auditor in accordance with department standards.
4.2. Processes audit reports and determines final premium.
4.3. Distributes policy documents and notifications to internal and external parties as required and in accordance with department standards and underwriting guidelines.
5. Processes agent and underwriter inquiries and requests for documents, forms, reports, etc. in accordance with department standards and underwriting guidelines.
5.1. Prepares customer correspondence and insurance forms as requested.
5.2. Distributes loss runs to agents and underwriters.
5.3. Orders underwriting decision-making reports in accordance with company guidelines.
5.4. Maintains individual security access to third-party information systems.
5.5. Researches policy status and other inquiries and responds in accordance with department standards.
5.6. Prepare requests for Loss Control inspections and submit to Risk Control Department
6. Make necessary corrections to Workers’ Compensation policies based on NCCI Stat Errors
7. Update new policy premiums and premium changes in billing system as required.
8. Prepare underwriting production reports (key performance indicator, underwriting reports, submission reports
9. Assists commercial underwriters with special projects, as directed.
10. Participates in company sponsored community events, trade shows, and agency visits.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
1. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
2. Analytical thinking and decision-making
3. Use of judgment, discretion, and initiative
4. Ability to multitask
5. Ability to navigate in multiple information systems and program applications
6. Ability to follow procedures, guidelines and meet deadlines
7. Work cooperatively with others and willingness to work as a team
8. Ability to learn to use new equipment and application programs
1. High School Diploma required, Associate’s degree preferred.
2. Minimum two years insurance industry experience with at least one year of commercial lines experience required.
3. Basic insurance courses completion such as the Associate in General Insurance (AINS) series preferred
4. Professional designations (CPCU, AU, CIC) a plus
*This is a range posting; the company grade for this position will depend on the candidates overall relevant experience and skill level.
As a DTRIC team member, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary, paid vacation and holidays, medical and dental coverage, a 401(k) plan with employer contribution, preferred insurance rates and more.