DTRIC Insurance is looking for an individual to join our Commercial Lines Underwriting team as an Underwriting Assistant I.
Primary Responsibilities: Under limited supervision, provide underwriting support to commercial lines underwriters including new and renewal policy processing, account maintenance and policy transactions.
- Process requests to quote and issue policies for commercial lines of business.
- Maintain policy filing system.
- Processes policy changes in accordance with department standards and underwriting guidelines.
- Processes policy premium audits as required.
- Processes agent and underwriter inquiries and requests for documents, forms, reports, etc. in accordance with department standards and underwriting guidelines.
- Make necessary corrections to Workers’ Compensation policies based on NCCI Stat Errors.
- Updates new policy premiums and premium changes in billing system as required.
- Assists Commercial Underwriters with special projects as directed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Analytical thinking and decision making
- Use of good judgement, discretion and initiative
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to navigate in multiple information systems and program applications
- Ability to follow procedures, guidelines and meet deadlines
- Work cooperatively with others and willingness to work as a team
- Ability to learn to use new equipment and application programs
- 6 months experience working within an office environment
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Insurance experience a plus
As a DTRIC team member, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary, paid vacation and holidays, medical and dental coverage, a 401(k) plan with employer contribution, preferred insurance rates and more.