DTRIC Insurance is looking for an individual to join our team as a Human Resources Consultant II.
Primary Responsibilities: Responsible for the daily activities in recruitment, benefit administration, payroll, and maintenance of the HR database of the Company.
- Recruiting/New Hire
- Recruits for staff and technical level positions in the company which includes working with management to define job qualifications, verifying job descriptions for vacant positions and creating and placing recruitment advertising with recruitment resources. Pre-screens potential job applicants, conducts interviews with potential applicant, administers skills test, arranges drug tests, processes background checks and coordinates interviews for the department.
- Conducts verification of previous employment for potential new hires.
- Provides guidance to manager in selection process. Approves recommended salary for new hires in accordance with Company salary grades and salary range guidelines.
- Provide input on recruiting strategies.
- Participates in job fairs.
- Keeps job descriptions up-to-date, accurate and compliant with relevant federal, state and local laws.
- Schedules and conducts new hire orientation, informs new employees of benefit programs and company policies. Prepares materials for all new hires.
- Enters compensation changes into the HRIS system.
- Ensures compensation for employees are within Company salary grade and salary range guidelines.
- Assist with the maintenance of Company salary grades and salary ranges.
- Create change notification letters.
- Prepares monthly benefit billing check requests for payment.
- Updates on-line benefit carrier records for enrollment, terminations and changes.
- Explains benefits to employees.
- Conducts 401(k) plan orientation for new hires.
- Conducts open enrollment for benefits, prepares open enrollment benefit materials and literature and coordinates benefit fair with benefit vendors.
- Monitors leave of absences such as FMLA or HFLL to ensure legal compliance. Responds to employees’ leave requests in a timely manner.
- Training and Development
- Coordinates the registration for employees to attend external training.
- Renews employees’ licenses.
- May conduct research for specific training courses.
- Assists with in-house training which includes preparing training material and conducting training.
- Design and develop comprehensive training programs for departments.
- Employee Relations
- Prepares materials for all employee terminations.
- Conducts staff exit interviews.
- Advises management on employee issues relating to job performance, conflict and concerns.
- Answers employee questions relating to policies and procedures.
- Assists with internal investigations.
- Maintains and updates employee records in HRIS system including payroll, benefit and personal information changes.
- Reviews semi-monthly payroll to ensure payroll is correct.
- Employee Activities
- Lead the Wellness Committee in developing wellness programs/activities and manages the appropriate use of funds for wellness-related activities.
- Assist with planning of employee activities.
- Assist with setup of employee meetings.
- Coordinates annual employee survey.
- Complete HR related surveys and conduct research on issues relating to human resources.
- Coordinates company-provided on-site services with the appropriate vendors, such as Healthpass and flu shots.
- Prepares end of month HR reports.
- Creates adhoc reports as requested.
- Posts information on Company intranet portal.
- HR Administration
- Develops and revises human resources documents, procedures and forms.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures.
- Assists and participates in the development and administration of Human Resources annual budget.
- Assists with management level exit interviews in the absence of the HR Manager.
- Plans, participates in, conducts and evaluates special projects.
- Perform other related Human Resources duties as may be required or assigned.
- Able to service customers over the phone and in-person.
- Computer skills required-Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of labor laws required.
- Knowledge of benefit administration, compensation and payroll preferred.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive personal information of applicants and employees.
- Able to organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, organize own work, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Good written and oral communication skills required.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree required.
- Five years human resources generalist experience in areas of recruitment, benefits, payroll, compensation and training.
- Five plus years’ experience as a generalist in Human Resources may replace the Bachelor’s or Associate degree.
As a DTRIC team member, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary, paid vacation and holidays, medical and dental coverage, 401(k) plan, preferred insurance rates and more.