DTRIC Insurance is looking for an individual to join our team as a Risk Consultant*.
Primary Responsibilities: To provide service to our insured accounts by assisting them with implementing Risk Management strategies and controls. Equally as important will be to provide underwriting with an analysis or evaluation of companies that we insure.
- Research and Analysis
- Analyze loss run reports for injury trends on service accounts.
- Develop graphical loss analysis to help accounts, agency contacts, and underwriting with visualizing loss trends.
- Evaluate account operations for hazards that are specific to their insurance policy coverages.
- Conduct Risk Evaluation inspections on account facilities, equipment, systems, etc., to verify safety, maintenance, and quality.
- Review/ summarize data and report findings from evaluation visits, and develop reports for underwriters.
- Account Management
- Develop strategies to assist Service accounts with reducing loss frequency and severity.
- Identify and apply appropriate safety intervention techniques.
- Prepare reports and summaries about accounts that would assist underwriters in making decisions to retain or to reject accounts.
- Write follow up letters to accounts for visits made.
- Draft reports or recommendations to accounts for hazards that are deemed to be unacceptable.
- Ensures that accounts comply with applicable Hawaii Occupational Safety & Health laws, National Fire Protection Standards, and Life Safety Codes.
- Provides resources to customers that will assist them with their Loss Prevention needs.
- Effective, professional verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to apply basic mathematical skills (i.e. addition, subtraction, multiplying and dividing).
- Basic computer skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel is required.
- Working Knowledge of safety and health laws.
- Experience in public speaking and comfortable creating and presenting presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is required. Relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the insurance industry as a Multi-line Loss Control Consultant is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an equivalent Safety & Health occupation is required.
- Safety Designations like ARM or CSP a plus.
- Requires a valid Driver’s License with clean driving record and access to a vehicle.
*Multiple grade levels available for this position, based on background and experience.
As a DTRIC team member, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary, paid vacation and holidays, medical and dental coverage, 401(k) plan, preferred insurance rates and more