DTRIC Insurance Privacy Notice
DTRIC Insurance (“DTRIC”) values your trust and is committed to protecting your privacy and your personal information.
Our Privacy Assurance
- We do not sell Customer Information.
- We do not allow those who are doing business on our behalf to use our Customer Information for their own marketing purposes.
- We do not share Customer Information containing a customer’s confidential medical information with anyone outside of DTRIC unless:
- You expressly authorize it;
- It is permitted or required by law; and/or
- Your insurance policy contract permits us to do so.
- We may share Customer Information and permit others to use that information if you give us your consent and/or agreement, it is necessary to complete a transaction you request, and/or it is otherwise permitted by law.
- We handle information about former and prospective customers the same as existing customers.
How We Protect Customer Information
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Customer Information and to comply with federal and state laws. Only employees who need to have Customer Information to provide services to you have access. We train our employees about their roles in protecting the information. In addition, affiliates, and non-affiliated companies to which we disclose information are required to maintain adequate security standards for the protection of information. We retain Customer Information for legal, auditing, regulatory, and business purposes. Please note, however, that no method of transmission of information over the internet, including by email, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, DTRIC cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Customer Information We Collect
We collect and retain information to give you better service and to help you learn more about products and services that may be of interest to you. Customer Information may be collected from a variety of ways, and you authorize DTRIC to collect such information through such methods. For example, the categories of information and where we gather such information from include but are not limited to:
- Applications and other forms related to our products and services and through conversations with DTRIC representatives and agents, including licensed independent insurance agents.
- Information we receive from you on your application for insurance or other forms, such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, driver’s license number, and date of birth.
- Information from transactions with us, our affiliates, or others, including financial information, your payment history, insurance claims, type of coverage and information about your vehicle.
- Information we receive from third parties, such as other insurance companies or agents, government agencies, health care providers, consumer reporting agencies or public records.
- Information we receive from the use of www.dtric.com, online applications, mobile sites, apps, our social media sites, interactions with our online advertisements, and inquiries via email.
- Telematics information from telematics devices and apps.
- Personal information about you, another insured on your policy, others who operate your vehicle(s) with telematics devices and/or a beneficiary when you or they apply for a policy or service.
How We Share and Use Customer Information
You agree and authorize DTRIC to share Customer Information it collects, including information about our transactions with you (such as payments) and experiences with you (such as an auto claim), within DTRIC, and with DTRIC affiliates and non-affiliate third parties such as licensed insurance agents, investigators, appraisers, adjusters, attorneys, and others to help meet your product and service needs. You also agree and authorize us to share your information for other permitted purposes, including:
- For our everyday business purposes and as permitted (such as with consent or as necessary to complete a transaction you request) or required by law.
- As needed, to handle your claim. For example, we may share name, address, and coverage information with an auto body shop or another insurance company to process your claim.
- With consumer reporting agencies, for example, during the underwriting process.
- To market or advertise our products or services to you, including with companies that perform marketing or other services for us or with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
- With state insurance departments or other governmental or law enforcement authorities, by law or to protect our legal interests or in cases of suspected fraud or illegal activities, as requested and/or otherwise required by such authorities, and if ordered by a subpoena, search warrant or other court order in connection with the investigation, establishment, and defense of legal rights.
- To a successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, and/or other sale or transfer of some or all of DTRIC’s assets, whether as an ongoing concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by DTRIC about our customers and website/app users is among the assets transferred.
You also agree and authorize DTRIC to disclose information about you as a former customer to these same affiliates and non-affiliated organizations and to others as permitted or required by law.
How to Limit the Sharing of Your Information
If you prefer to limit or opt out of the sharing of Customer Information such as your driving record, claim history and credit information with other companies, please contact your insurance agent or DTRIC at the address below. Please note that your choice:
- Will apply to joint policyholders or account holders on shared policies and accounts.
- Does not limit DTRIC from sharing certain Customer Information about your transactions or experiences with us for our everyday business purposes.
You may also ask us not to share your Customer Information to market new products to you.
Notwithstanding the foregoing and any choice regarding the sharing of Customer Information, you agree and authorize DTRIC to share such information to the extent required to complete a transaction you request and/or to the extent required by applicable law.
If you are an existing customer and have already told us your Customer Information sharing preference, no action is needed unless you want to change your preference.
Information for Internet, Mobile, and Social Media Users
In addition to the information collection and sharing practices described above, you agree that DTRIC Insurance website properties and mobile applications are authorized to collect information, including Customer Information, through common tracking technologies like browser cookies, “Local Shared Objects” (such as “Flash” cookies), analytical tools (such as Google Analytics), device IDs, or other technologies. You further agree and authorize DTRIC to collect certain technical information about the device you use to access our site or services, such as user-agent, time stamp, hardware type, language and time zone settings, IP address, OS type and version, and installed fonts. Our mobile app and the social media applications we use contain a statement describing what information is collected from your use of that particular application. Currently, we do not support the necessary technology to respond to Web browser “do not track” signals or other, comparable mechanisms and you agree that DTRIC is not required to provide such mechanisms.
Our Visual Drive Mobile App
Visual Drive is a telematics program that provides you with personalized feedback to help you improve your safe driving behavior, while potentially allowing you to earn discounts on your insurance premiums.
If you use DTRIC’s Visual Drive App, you authorize and agree to DTRIC’s gathering of information using a telematics device that you install in your car, our smart phone app that you download, data aggregators, and/or other technology capable of recording and transmitting necessary data. As part of this program, we may collect information about your vehicle regarding when, where, and how your vehicle was driven. This includes but is not limited to acceleration, braking, time, speed, cornering, smoothness, G-forces, distance, geo-location, directional information, mobile device use, mobile device permissions, mobile device ID, operating system, mobile device model, mobile carrier information and time stamps, and mobile device interaction during trips.
You authorize and agree to DTRIC’s collection of this information until you change the permissions relating to its collection. In order to stop the collection of this information, you may delete or change the privacy permissions for your mobile app, remove the telematics device from operation and/or turn off data sharing. Please note that turning off or disabling telematics features will affect the services and functionality available to you. Depending on your particular program, we may also cancel your product, service, discount and/or insurance coverage as a result of these actions.
For additional information, please review the Visual Drive Terms & Conditions, which may be found on the Visual Drive App.
Other Important Information
DTRIC Insurance Company Limited
1600 Kapiolani Boulevard, Suite 1100
Honolulu, HI 96814-3878