DTRIC Insurance Privacy Notice
DTRIC Insurance values your trust and is committed to protecting your privacy and your personal information.
DTRIC Insurance offers products and services to meet your insurance needs. We are also committed to protecting the privacy of your information. This Privacy Notice describes how we protect, collect, use, share, and secure customer information. Customer information means all nonpublic information related to an identified individual, which is sometimes called personally identifiable information. Customer information does not include anonymized data or de-identified data, which do not identify an individual.
Our Privacy Assurance
- We do not sell customer information.
- We do not allow those who are doing business on our behalf to use our customer information for their own marketing purposes.
- We do not share customer medical information with anyone unless:
- You expressly authorize it; or
- It is permitted or required by law; or
- Your insurance policy contract with us permits us to do so.
- We may share customer information and permit others to use that information if you give us your consent, it is necessary to complete a transaction you request, or it is otherwise permitted by law.
- We handle information about former and prospective customers the same as existing customers.
How We Protect Customer Information
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect customer information and to comply with federal and state laws. Only employees who need to have customer information to provide services to you have access. We train our employees about their roles in protecting the information and conduct regular internal audits. In addition, affiliates and non-affiliated companies to which we disclose information are required to maintain adequate security standards for the protection of information.We retain customer information for legal, auditing, regulatory, and business purposes.
Customer Information We Collect
We collect and retain information to give you better service and to help you learn more about products and services that may be of interest to you. Customer information may be collected from a variety of ways. For example, the categories of information and where we gather such information from include:
- Applications and other forms related to our products and through conversations with DTRIC Insurance Representatives and licensed independent insurance agents.
- Information we receive from you on your application for insurance or other forms, such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, driver’s license number, and date of birth.
- Information from transactions with us, our affiliates or others, including your payment history, insurance claims, type of coverage and information about your vehicle.
- Information we receive from third parties, such as other insurance companies or agents, government agencies, health care providers, consumer reporting agencies or public records.
- Information we receive from the use of www.dtric.com, online applications, mobile sites, our social media sites, interactions with our online advertisements, and inquiries via email.
How We Share Customer Information
We share customer information we collect, including information about our transactions with you (such as payments) and experiences with you (such as an auto claim), within DTRIC Insurance, and with DTRIC Insurance affiliates and non-affiliate third parties such as license insurance agents, investigators, appraisers, adjusters, attorneys, and others to help meet your product and service needs. We also share your information for other permitted purposes, including:
- For our everyday business purposes and as permitted (such as with consent or as necessary to complete a transaction you request) or required by law.
- As needed, to handle your claim. For example, we may share name, address, and coverage information with an auto body shop or another insurance company to process your claim.
- With consumer reporting agencies, for example, during the underwriting process.
- With companies that perform marketing or other services for us or with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
- With state insurance departments or other governmental or law enforcement authorities, by law or to protect our legal interests or in cases of suspected fraud or illegal activities, and if ordered by a subpoena, search warrant or other court order in connection with the investigation, establishment, and defense of legal rights.
We may also disclose information about our former customers to these same affiliates and non-affiliated organizations and to others as permitted or required by law.
How to Limit the Sharing of Your Information
If you prefer to limit or opt out of the sharing of customer information such as your driving record, claim history with other companies, and credit information, contact your insurance agent or DTRIC Insurance at the address below. Please note that your choice:
- Will apply to joint policyholders or account holders on shared policies and accounts.
- Does not limit DTRIC Insurance from sharing certain customer information about your transactions or experiences with us for our everyday business purposes.
If you are an existing customer and have already told us your customer information sharing preference, no action is needed unless you want to change your preference.
Information for Internet, Mobile, and Social Media Users
In addition to the information collection and sharing practices described above, DTRIC Insurance website properties and mobile applications may use common tracking technologies like browser cookies, “Local Shared Objects” (such as “Flash” cookies), analytical tools (such as Google Analytics), device IDs, or other technologies. We also collect certain technical information about the device you use to access our site or services, such as user-agent, time stamp, hardware type, language and time zone settings, IP address, OS type and version, and installed fonts. Our mobile and social media applications will contain a statement describing what information is collected from your use of that particular application. Currently, we do not support the necessary technology to respond to Web browser “do not track” signals or other, comparable mechanisms.
Other Important Information
You may contact us with questions about this Notice by writing to us at:
DTRIC Insurance Company Limited
1600 Kapiolani Boulevard, Suite 1520
Honolulu, HI 96814